Former General Manager at Wren Kitchens
Hamid is a Former General Manager at Wren Kitchens where he was responsible for turning around a £12m showroom for the company. He had full P&L responsibility managing the showroom and improving the sales process. Prior to Wren, Hamid was part of a small team who launched Tesco Kitchen business before joining Bettaliving, a UK bathroom specialist. Hamid has over 20 years experience in both kitchen and bathroom sales and he is now working at Elements Kitchens, an independent UK kitchen company.Read moreView Profile Page
In Practise Notes
- Wren's target customer
- For Howden's end customer, the contractor always does the fitting which leads to quicker turnarounds and fewer mistakes. It's harder to solve mistakes or replenish missing parts in the retail business because Wren doesn't hold stock and end customers don't have strong relationship with fitter
- Rough customer types: HWDN - buy to let or resi homeowner looking for new kitchen as part of a larger extension or house refurb - £3k kitchen Wren = resi homeowner doing kitchen refurb £8-15k
- Wren now offer contractors with 10% discount if they bring customers in-store instead of Howden
- Wren vs HWDN product quality
- Magnet seems more focused on new build and larger building contractor work than local contractor business like HWDN
- Wren could pose a potential risk to Howden in the long run if they open up mini-hubs between showrooms to serve contractors
- ~20% cancellation rate in the kitchen industry seems incredibly high!
... (transcript preview, sign up to read more) ...