Former Modern Workplace Leader, Americas at Microsoft
Jordy has 22 years experience and spent over 15 years at Microsoft running various different sales teams. He joined to run the Worldwide Communications Business for Microsoft before being promoted to run the Modern Workplace team for the Americas. He was responsible for selling the full Microsoft enterprise productivity suite including Office 365, Skype, Enterprise Mobility Suite, Dynamics and Power BI. Jordy also has experience as VP at Splunk and EVP of Sales at Hitachi Consulting. He is currently the EVP, Americas at Teradata.Read moreView Profile Page
In Practise Notes
- Great quote on Satya's influence on Microsoft "Satya was almost like a spiritual Gandhi for the business."
- The incumbency of Microsoft's existing productivity suite was a real structural advantage in winning new business
- Interesting insight into how Microsoft leader's instilled paranoia into the company that Google was a real threat
- Why Microsoft 365 beat GSuite
- The executive can only remember losing new business to retail customers that chose GSuite to get better Google search rates! This shows both the power of MSFT 365 and Google Search.
- Why Teams is so important to Microsoft today
- How Microsoft upsell customers through the E SKU's
- Insight into why Skype didn't grow as well as expected
- Sentinel was the biggest risk to Splunk
... (transcript preview, sign up to read more) ...