Published on March 17, 2022
Former VP at GFL Environmental
Fernando has over 30 years experience in the waste industry and was the right-hand man for Patrick Dovigi in the early days of building GFL. Fernando ran operations for GFL and helped Patrick scale the company from $40m to over $400m by rolling up mom-and-pop waste companies. Prior to GFL, he ran Ontario for Waste Management.Read moreView Profile Page
Select a note to read context
In Practise Notes
- Low barriers to entry but high barriers to success
- Dovigi's management style in the early days
- Insight into why most public waste deals will migrate to private commercial deals
- Revenue per truck per day is the key metric for waste businesses driving route density
- How GFL created the soil remediation business
- How density provides a competitive advantage
... (transcript preview, sign up to read more) ...
The Early Days of Scaling GFL Environmental(February 23, 2022)
Sign up to listen to the full interview and hundreds more.
Join waiting list for IP Partner
Speak to Executive
Did you like this article ?