Former Managing Director at Made.com
Christoph is the Former Managing Director of Made.com for the DACH region where he was responsible for managing the German operation for the UK brand. Christoph also enjoyed almost one year at Hem.com, an early design-led furniture ecommerce company where he was SVP of Marketing globally. Christoph previously worked at Rocket Internet launching Lazada and Linio in Indonesia and Peru respectively.Read moreView Profile Page
In Practise Notes
- Made.com is differentiated by being 'design-led'. Made takes little inventory risk in a made-to-order supply chain offering products designer by internal Made and external designers
- How durable is Made's design advantage? The company partners with external designers that also work for Wayfair or Westwing. Designers want to work for the biggest platform so maybe Wayfair can attract the same designers as Made?
- It's unclear what % of revenue is driven by Made's internal designers vs externally licensed products
- Made is organised with design inspiration injected throughout all decision making
- It's not clear what drives a design advantage in the online furniture business? All companies use similar supply bases and 3P designers and its' easy to replicate a competitors' best seller. Made curates a selection that defines their brand but it seems this will always serve a niche market. Wayfair serves everyone but is not limited to a Perigold type offering that could compete with Made
- Westwing seems to have a more effective marketing channel that drives superior economics vs Made
... (transcript preview, sign up to read more) ...