Former President at Cardlytics
Randall has nearly 30 years marketing experience working as a CMO of large CPG companies, within analytics and measurement at Nielsen and finally at Cardlytics. He started his career at P&G where he ran various business units in the US and APAC. He then moved to American Express to run the Travelers Cheques and Prepaid Services business before leading Marketing for UBS Wealth Management. In 2009, he joined Nielsen where he was responsible for running advertiser solutions and Nielsen’s US TMT division. Randall joined Cardlytics as Group President where he was responsible for the advertiser side of the business and is now a board member and advisor to various companies globally.Read moreView Profile Page
In Practise Notes
- It’s interesting how even though closed loop measurement is the gold standard in measuring ad efficacy, advertisers are not adopting the offering because there is no clean way to compare ROAS with other channels. How could this be solved? Maybe the banks will allow non-PII data to be shared outside their walls that can help agencies attribute and compare spend?
- The limitations of sharing bank data outside their walls seems to be a barrier for advertisers to properly attribute cdlx spend
- An example of the CDLX's power to personalise targeting at certain times and locations.
- The UI improvement from simple offers in a plain tile to video or display advertising tiles with imagery and copy of the cash offer could drive advertiser adoption. Agencies may see CDLX as also brand advertising as well as pure loyalty / bonus dollars.
- This point highlights how CDLX haven't historically targeted agencies and only focused on the loyalty / CRM budget directly at marketers. Cracking the brand and perf marketing budgets will take CDLX billings way beyond the current $300m.
- Highlights the challenge of CDLX comparing spend with FB / GOOG and tapping into new marketing budgets.
- Banks are arguably the biggest advantage and disadvantage for CDLX. The recent acquisitions could suggest CDLX is diversifying the risk away from FI.
- The core challenge for CDLX
... (transcript preview, sign up to read more) ...