Former Director at Boozt
The executive has over 23 years of fashion retail experience offline and online. He enjoyed 8 years at Boozt where he was responsible for managing large supplier accounts, rolling out new categories such as Beauty and Home and finally leading Group Strategy as part of the executive team.Read moreView Profile Page
In Practise Notes
- Boozt seems to have had a bad past experience experimenting with 3P marketplace model where brands weren't committing enough stock to 3P so Boozt now prefer to own inventory
- Interesting insight that Boozt's AoV is inflated relative to ZAL because of the lower return rate
- The home category has a lower return rate which improves Boozt AoV
- Boozt will need to improve content and editorial to attract more premium brands.
- Interesting comment that adding the beauty category didn't materially improve AoV or conversion but adding different price segments within the fashion category did. Maybe the shopping journey's and customer mindset is different?